Thursday 29 August 2019

Also part of the job is the overwhelming affection that is showered on us…

Nomadic girls from our hostel sees Mittal Patel as their
protector
“Arre, why tie Rakhi to me??”

My girls arrived into the office with Vermillion/Kumkum, chocolates and rakhi and I couldn’t stop myself from asking this question.

Since I like Melody chocolates, they ensured they bring heaps of that too…

Nomadic girl from VSSM hostel ties rakhi to Mittal Patel
“We want to change the tradition…” replied one.

“Because you protect us, you are our guardian…”said another.

“You are the eldest in our family… so first Rakhi on your wrist, then the brothers and others.”

Our daughters are growing wise with each passing year.

Surekha, was a so little when she came with us to stay in the hostel. She studies in 3rd year of college now. Initially, it was hard to make her talk and now it is hard to keep her quite. She is the Chief Minister of our hostel. Jaya is the Deputy Minister. Together with their cabinet they manage the hostel really well.

Love you my Bacchhas…. I pray to almighty for your success and happiness. May you grow and work  to have a remarkable impact on this world.  

Nomadic girls from our hostel sees Mittal Patel as their
protector
For the first time today my writs is full with so many Rakhis. As I have always said, my work with these communities has given me this unique opportunity to mother so many such wonderful children. That is us in the picture, me with wrist full of   Rakhis and these lovely daughters who see me as their protector.  
I am not sure if I can be called that… but, yes I love them immensely.

'અરે મને રાખડી કેમ બાંધવાની?'

મારી ઓફીસમાં કંકુ, ચોકલેટ અને રાખડી લઈને પ્રવેશેલી અમારી દીકરીઓને મેં પુછ્યું, જવાબમાં એકે કહ્યું,

'અમારે રિવાજ બદલવો છે...' બીજીએ, 
Mittal Patel showing her wrist full of Rakhis
'તમે અમારા રક્ષક છો..' તો ત્રીજીએ,
'ઘરના સૌથી મોટા છો..તો તમને પહેલાં રાખડી પછી ભાઈ કે બીજા ને....'

સમજદાર થઈ ગઈ છે દીકરીઓ..

હોસ્ટેલમાં જયા ટબુડા જેવડી હતી ત્યારે ભણવા આવેલી. આજે કોલેજના ત્રીજા વર્ષમાં છે.. 
સુરેખાને દસ વાર બોલાવીએ ત્યારે બોલતી આજે ચપ ચપ જવા આપે છે અને અમારી હોસ્ટેલની મુખ્ય પ્રધાન છે. જયા ઉપપ્રધાન છે..
બંને હોસ્ટેલનું વ્યવસ્થાપન તેમના મંત્રીઓ સાથે સરસ સંભાળે છે..

મને MELODYચોકલેટ બહુ ભાવે તો ખાસ યાદ કરીને MELODY ચોકલેટ આ બધી માતાજીઓ લઈ આવી...

બધી દીકરીઓ મોટી અને સાથે સમજદાર થઈ રહી છે..
Love you Bachcha... 
સુખી થાવ અને દુનિયામાં ડંકો વગાડી દોના આશિર્વાદ....

આજે જિંદગીમાં પહેલીવાર આટલી બધી રાખડી હાથ પર બંધાઈ છે.. એટલે ફોટો તો બનતા હૈ... સાથે મીઠી દીકરીઓ પણ જેમણે મને એમની રક્ષક માની છે...

છું કે નહીં એ ખબર નહીં.... પણ આ દીકરીઓ પર હેત ઘણું છે...

#MittlaPatel #VSSM #HostelForNomads


No comments:

Post a Comment