Sunday 10 April 2022

Education For All - VSSM initiative for Nomadic Communities of Gujarat...

Mittal Patel meets Deepak

“Didi, I  dream of taking my father to a car showroom and buying him a car he desires. Everyone in my village made fun of my dad and me when he decided to enrol me to this hostel. We are Nat, but my father works as a mason. He does not practice our traditional occupation. Everyone would tell me that I, too, am destined to be a mason, not an official. My father aspired to study, but we belong to a community where child marriages are rampant. My parents were also married as kids; hence my father had to forego his dream of studying all the way. When I arrived here, he asked me to study hard; he was prepared to work hard to help me study as much as I wished to. I am here because of my father. I want to make my father’s life better. I want to shut those mouths.”

Deepak is a class 12 student; along with finishing his schooling, he is also attending Para Medical and Nursing course. He aspires to complete his education and do a GNM course. “I want to get a good job and place my first salary in my father’s hands,” wishes Deepak.

“Didi, I could study because of this hostel. Numerous people would have helped so that all of us could attend school. When I begin earning, I  wish to give forward 5% of my earnings for the good of others. I will give it to you.” Such sensitivity deserves salutations.

Four hundred children from various nomadic and marginalised communities stay at VSSM operated hostels and attend mainstream schools in Ahmedabad. You may consider contributing for their future. VSSM is also setting up Vallabh Vidya Vihar, an all-inclusive educational facility near Gandhinagar’s  Pansar. The academic enclave will have the capacity to house and educate 1000 students.

We also request you support the construction of this facility. You may call us on 9099936013 for more details.

'દીદી મારા પપ્પાને ગાડીઓના શો રૃમમાં લઈ જવાનું ને એ જે ગાડી પર હાથ મુકે એ ગાડી લઈ આપવાનું મારુ સ્વપ્ન છે. મને જ્યારે આપણી હોસ્ટેલમાં ભણવા મુક્યો ત્યારે ગામમાં બધા મારા પપ્પાની ને મારી મજાક કરતા. અમે નટ પણ મારા પપ્પા ગાવા વગાડવાનું ન કરે એ કડિયા કામ કરે. તે બધા કહે, કડિયાનો છોકરો મોટો થઈને તગારાં  જ ઉચકે એ સાહેબ થોડો થાય? મારા પપ્પાને પણ ભણવાનું મન હતું પણ અમારામાં નાનપણમાં લગ્ન થઈ જાય તે એમના લગ્ન પણ થઈ ગયા ને એ ભણી ન શક્યા. મને જ્યારે ભણવા મુક્યો ત્યારે એમણે મને આ કહેલું ને તુ ખુબ મહેનત કરજે, તારે જેટલું ભણવું હોય એટલું હું ભણાવીશ એવું એમણે કહેલું.... તે દીદી મારા પપ્પાના લીધે જ હું અહીંયા છું. મારે એમના માટે ઘણું કરવું છે. જે લોકો એમને ટોણા મારે એમની બોલતી બંધ કરવી છે...'

અમારો દીપક આમ ધો.12માં ભણે ને સાથે પેરા મેડીકલ નર્સીંગનો  કોર્સ પણ કરે. એની ઈચ્છા 12 પાસ કરીને GNM કરવાની. સારી નોકરી લઈને પપ્પાના હાથમાં પહેલો પગાર આપવાની દીપકની ઈચ્છા..

 એ કહી, 'દીદી આપણી હોસ્ટેલમાં રહીને હું ભણ્યો. મને ભણાવવા કેટલા લોકોએ મદદ કરી તે હું જ્યારે કમાતો થાઉ ત્યારે મારી કમાણીનો પાંચ ટકા હિસ્સો હું પરમાર્થના કામમાં વાપરીશ.. તમને આપીશ'

દિપકની આ ભાવનાને પ્રણામ કરવા ઘટે.

અમારી હોસ્ટેલમાં વિચરતી જાતિના વંચિત પરિવારોના 400 ઉપરાંત બાળકો ભણે. 

આ બાળકોના ભણતરમાં તમે મદદરૃપ થઈ શકો. 

આવનારા સમયમાં અમે ગાંધીનગરના પાનસરમાં 1000 બાળકો ભણી શકે તેવું વલ્લભ વિદ્યા વિહાર ઉભુ કરી રહ્યા છીએ.. આ બાંધકામમાં પણ આપ સૌને મદદરૃપ થવા વિનંતી.. 

વધુ વિગત માટે 9099936013 પર સંપર્ક કરવા વિનંતી. 

#MittalPatel #vssm


No comments:

Post a Comment